Rob has acted for real estate investment trusts, listed companies, land-rich private corporations and JV partners on major real estate acquisition and disposal transactions. These include CBD office buildings, retail centres, industrial office parks and development sites.
In completing those and other transactions, Rob has experience with:
* Preparing and advising on contracts for sale (including disclosure compliance, dealing with tenancies, title
encumbrances, development and construction contract novation)
* Due diligence reviews and preparation of DD reports
* Drafting and negotiating contract special conditions
* Advising on legislative matters and compliance, including in relation to contamination, Local Government legislation,
liquor licensing and gaming machine entitlements
* Preparing complex lease-back arrangements
In addition to those transactions, Rob has also acted for Receivers, Administrations and Liquidators in the sale of distressed property assets, either as a stand-alone transaction or as part of a business sale or re-structure.
Rob also has extensive experience with leasing matters, acting for both landlords and tenants. This includes complex development leasing and asset/portfolio leasing for commercial office buildings, industrial development sites and retail shopping centres.
Rob deals with agreements for lease, leases, car parking licences, incentive deeds, fitout documentation, make good releases, assignment deeds and lease surrenders on a daily basis.
Rob also has a specialisation in advising on the Retail Leases Act, and drafting/negotiating retail lease documentation and disclosure statements.